New Intelligent PCIe Communication Controller - the iSPAN 5639L from Interphase
High-performance for Signaling & Media Applications
PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Interphase Corporation (NASDAQ: INPH), a leading global provider of solutions for converged communications networks, announces the latest version of its high-density iSPAN® 5639L Low-Profile PCI Express® Multiprotocol Communications Controller , the most powerful, the most versatile, and the most compact in the industry. The iSPAN 5639L is designed to provide intelligent network interfaces for application platforms that need to connect to TDM/ATM networks.
“Over the past year, the iSPAN 5639L has field-proven that it is a cost-effective, reliable, and software-rich building block for a wide range of signaling nodes and monitoring services and for media termination and switching in host-based media processing applications”
“Over the past year, the iSPAN 5639L has field-proven that it is a cost-effective, reliable, and software-rich building block for a wide range of signaling nodes and monitoring services and for media termination and switching in host-based media processing applications,” said Marc DeVinney, vice president of Engineering at Interphase. “The updated version improves on this strong performance.”
This new revision of the 5639L enhances the Interphase portfolio of intelligent communication controllers, which are available as both COTS and custom solutions:
• Available with a low-profile or a full-height face plate to fit in all PCIe rack-mounted servers
• Includes a thermal sensor to protect the card against over-heating
• Eliminates the need for NEBS-incompatible Y-cables by providing 4 T1/E1/J1 interfaces on 4 standard RJ45 connectors in a low-profile card, the same connectivity as full-height products
• Provides for multiple protocols simultaneously activated on the same card, specifically SS7 MTP2 (LSL, HSL), SAAL (including SSCOP and SSCF), ATM AAL5, Frame Relay, Raw/Transparent data transfers, and Monitoring
• Supports up to 124 SS7 Low Speed Links, 4 High Speed Links, or 124 media channels. The new product version enables up to 1 Erlang of traffic (wire speed) in each direction of each MTP2 LSL
The iSPAN 5639L features the powerful Freescale™ PowerQUICC III™ processor, includes FPGA support for TDM switching, and now provides Linux x86, Solaris x86 and Solaris SPARC support. It comes with a reliable and field-proven iWARE® Software Development Suite (SDS), including on-board support for multiple network protocols and protocol interworking and pre-integration with several 3rd-party higher layer protocol offerings.
About Interphase Corporation
Interphase Corporation (NASDAQ: INPH) delivers solutions for network connectivity, interworking, packet processing, LTE, and security for key applications for the Communications, Mil/Aero, and Enterprise markets. Founded in 1974, Interphase provides expert customization services and contract manufacturing in addition to its COTS portfolio, and plays a leadership role in next generation AdvancedTCA® (ATCA), AdvancedMC™ (AMC), PCI-x, and PCIe standards and solutions. Interphase is headquartered in Plano, Texas, with its European office in Chaville, France. Clients include Alcatel-Lucent, Emerson Network Power, Fujitsu Ltd., Hewlett Packard, Samsung, and Sun Microsystems. Visit www.iphase.com.
Interphase, the Interphase logo and iSPAN are trademarks or registered trademarks of Interphase Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.