40G and Beyond: Next-Gen Network Design with AdvancedTCA Live Event: November 2, 2010 (1:00 p.m. EST)
Emerson Network Power, Advantech, Kontron, Radisys, and Intel Embedded Alliance participate in OpenSystems Media's E-cast
FOUNTAIN HILLS, Ariz., October 29, 2010 — OpenSystems Media (OSM), LLC today announced its upcoming E-cast on 40G and Beyond: Next-Gen Network Design with AdvancedTCA. The rapid growth in video traffic and other data-intensive applications is straining fixed and mobile networks alike, and the network load will only rise as the transition to LTE gets under way. The rise of bandwidth-hungry applications is joined by a huge growth in the number of connected devices, which now includes everything from smartphones to cars. To deal with these new loads, developers and system integrators need new approaches to hardware and software design.
The Intel Embedded Alliance and its premier members Emerson Network Power, Advantech, Kontron, and Radisys will look at the evolving demands on the network and explore ways to meet these demands using cutting-edge AdvancedTCA solutions. The discussion will include how to build systems today that meet the needs of tomorrow.
Software engineers, system engineers, and engineering managers are invited to participate in the E-cast covering the latest developments of 40G and beyond from industry-leading experts.
In the webinar, attendees will learn how to:
• Leverage Intel® architecture in next-generation infrastructure
• Apply new software strategies for better scalability
• Minimize development costs and risks
Emerson Network Power, Advantech, Kontron, Radisys, and Intel Embedded Alliance will be available for a Q&A session immediately following the E-cast.
• Who: Curt Schwaderer, Technical Editor (E-cast Moderator) and Emerson Network Power, Advantech, Kontron, Radisys, and Intel Embedded Alliance
• What: Industry experts from Emerson Network Power, Advantech, Kontron, Radisys, and Intel Embedded Alliance present a live OpenSystems Media E-cast, “40G and Beyond: Next-Gen Network Design with AdvancedTCA”
• When: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. EST
• Where: To attend the E-cast, participants can register at ecast.opensystemsmedia.com/
About OpenSystems Media
OpenSystems Media has been a leading publisher of electronics magazines, e-mail newsletters, websites, and product resource guides for more than 20 years. OpenSystems Media offers E-casts and Techcasts for engineers and provides interactive tools where engineers can communicate directly with presenters and top industry editors. Current publications include: CompactPCI, AdvancedTCA, & MicroTCA Systems; DSP-FPGA.com; Embedded Computing Design; Industrial Embedded Systems; Military Embedded Systems; PC/104 and Small Form Factors; and VME and Critical Systems. For more information, visit www.opensystemsmedia.com.